The past couple of years have /really/ sucked. But honestly, life is what you make it, so I tried to put all of that negativity out of my head and just try to concentrate on making memories with my favorite people in 2022.
This year had so many awesome moments, too — but here are just a few highlights:
- I got to take part in some really interesting and deep discussions on a Podcast with friends
- We finally got to take some of our vacation trips that were postponed from 2020, Lego Land with our little humans & Las Vegas with my wife, my niece, my sister, and my Dad!
- Went to a few Braves games with the fam. Alicia and our little humans even got to run the bases!
- Tried our hand at growing a garden for the first time, and it went really well! Also learned how to can our veggies.
- Had one of the absolute best/most fun summers that I can ever remember. Our little humans had a list of everything they wanted to do while they were out of school and we worked hard to check everything off. Some of the things included “play four square late at night” and of course “go to the beach” <3
- Alicia and I also took a beach vacation trip with friends, which was an absolute freaking blast!
- Adopted a new 4-legged member into our family
- Went to see GHOST with my buddy Justin!
- We did the most epic family photo shoot ever! (📸: LeAnne Findley)
- Alicia and I both got new tattoos this year. She got hers in Las Vegas by Josh Sutcliffe at Studio 21 Tattoo, and I got mine done in Birmingham by Victoria Jordan at Revolution Ink.
- Hit up the Atrox Factory Haunted Attraction with friends!
- Had a dudes weekend trip to a cabin. That trip literally was so good for my soul, dude. Nothing recharges you more as a man than guns, cooking and consuming insane amounts of meat, and of course sitting around a gigantic raging fire that’s so hot that you’re comfortable in a t-shirt with it being 20 degrees outside lol. I honestly needed that trip and I’m thankful for it.
- Friends Christmas Dinner / Kassy’s Birthday!
These are just a few of the memories made this year — there were so many more, too. I look forward to brand new adventures in 2023 with all of the people I love!
Happy New Year!