Whew, 2015. In global terms, it’s been a pretty bleak year. Political correctness has been the most annoying thing this year, in my opinion. I have heard more complaining about everything being “offensive” this year alone than I have in my entire collective 32 years of life. It’s ridiculous. Among that so many other negative things happened throughout the year — it has just felt like this whole 2015 year was just one giant downward spiral. I really really hope that 2016 brings happier times!
But from our own little piece of the world, 2015 has been really good to us! We’ve made so many awesome memories with our families and friends, we’ve listened to a lot of great live music, reconnected with a friend I’ve missed for a few years, and we met a beautiful new addition to our friends’ family <3 Always thankful for the time spent with our family and friends!
Below is a visual look back at some of those awesome memories of ours from this year:
New Back Porch Construction started!
Sophie Turned 7!
We made cupcakes with mommy 🙂
Phoenix got a brace for his “trigger thumb”
SNOW! Lot’s of it!
The porch is finished!
First cookout with friends on our new porch!
Tennessee Aquarium with Friends!
Watched “Home” at the theater with Aunt “Jenniper”!
Our First Time Dying Easter Eggs
Easter Egg Hunting!
Riding Our New Balance Bikes!
Kingston’s 1st Haircut!
Birmingham Zoo Trip!
Jurassic World! SO MUCH YES!
Our New “Clubhouse”!
My Rad Father’s Day Gifts!
“Inside Out” at the Theater!
Jupiter, Saturn, and Venus in the sky during June
Had 2 beds built by the super-talented Zack Wagnon, and painted by Alicia and myself 🙂
Finished the Big Boy Room!
Sawyer’s 3rd Birthday Party!
Making Homemade Cookies with Mommy!
A family movie night outside on the porch!
Our first trip to Build-A-Bear! We got a Zombie Bear & a Bat Bear!
Had a blast painting pumpkins!
Our first time making S’mores!
Korn with my buddy Jason! They performed their first album in its entirety!
We got to meet the beautiful and sweet Miss Audrey Henson <3
Disney Celebration on Ice! They had a whole Halloween / Nightmare Before Christmas part and the boys LOVED it!
Cleaned out our own pumpkins and daddy carved them
Halloween & Trick Or Treating with our Buddy Sawyer and little miss Audrey (not pictured)!
Went to see Santa and told him we wanted a T-Rex for Christmas 🙂
Went to see The Good Dinosaur!
Christmas Lights at the Falls
Christmas get together with the Hensons!
Christmas get together with the Tingles!
Christmas Lights in Ballplay
The Boys’ 3rd Birthday Party
Happy Birthday, boys <3
Christmas Family Photo
Driving Our Jeeps 🙂
My 2015 Mix
Each year I create a new playlist and I will throw in all the music that myself and/or my wife fall in love with throughout that year. This music either came out this year, music that we got hooked on in 2015, or music that we revisited and got hooked on once again. Track list below:
01. Mumford & Sons – Believe
02. Mumford & Sons – The Wolf
03. Fall Out Boy – Uma Thurman
04. Purity Ring – Begin Again
05. AWOLNATION – Hollow Moon (Bad Wolf)
06. Death Cab for Cutie – Black Sun
07. The High Strung – The Luck You Got
08. Marilyn Manson – The Mephistopheles of Los Angeles
09. Marilyn Manson – Cupid Carries a Gun
10. Marilyn Manson – Third Day of a Seven Day Binge
11. The Airborne Toxic Event – One Time Thing
12. Jimmy Eat World – My Best Theory
13. Vampire Weekend – Unbelievers
14. AWOLNATION – Windows
15. Death Cab for Cutie – The Ghosts of Beverly Drive
16. The Black Keys – Weight of Love
17. Imagine Dragons – Warriors
18. Hozier – Take Me to Church
19. Hozier – Angel of Small Death and the Codeine Scene
20. Hozier – Jackie and Wilson
21. Hozier – Someone New
22. Hozier – Work Song
23. Of Monsters and Men – Crystals
24. Breaking Benjamin – Failure
25. Oscar Isaac & Marcus Mumford – Fare Thee Well (Dink’s Song)
26. Of Monsters and Men – I of the Storm
27. Mumford & Sons – Hot Gates
28. Starset – My Demons
29. Cat Power – Werewolf
30. Hozier – Arsonist’s Lullabye
31. I Prevail – Blank Space
32. Devour the Day – Good Man
33. SycAmour – We’re in Hell
34. Sevendust – Thank You
35. Atreyu – Start to Break
36. Purity Ring – Flood on the Floor
37. Cage the Elephant – Cigarette Daydream
38. Cage the Elephant – Come a Little Closer
39. The Vespers – Sisters and Brothers
40. Modest Mouse – Float On
41. Modest Mouse – The World at Large
42. Modest Mouse – Ocean Breathes Salty
43. Modest Mouse – Dashboard
44. The Avett Brothers – Live and Die
From our family to yours, we wish you all a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2016!