Wow, it’s already 2015! The years really do seem to just keep flying by the older I get…Here’s a recap of what happened in our lives over the last year:
One Year Old Checkups!
Phoenix’s First Big Boo-Boo *sadface*
Kingston’s 1st Surgery — He had a Nevus Sebaceous removed.
Kingston’s 1st surgery day ended up being his & Phoenix’s First Snow Day too!
We learned how to climb into Mommy & Daddy’s chairs…and took them over.
Our first trip (of many!) to Noccalula Falls!
We’ve got a bunch of teeth now and started learning how to keep them healthy, shiny, and white!
Our first Easter Egg Hunt!
After 15 months of squeezing into our tiny car with twins, we finally upgraded to an SUV!
Went to the Beale Street Music Festival for our second time with these awesome people and had a blast!
We even got to meet and have our picture made with Grouplove!
Enjoyed hanging out on Beale Street and we even made our way to Gus’s and had THE BEST fried chicken we’ve ever had in our lives, hands down!
Our First Trip to the Georgia Aquarium!
And while we were there, we saw Alyson Hannigan with her kids and I got the stank eye from the lady that was with her, lol. We wanted to get a picture with her, but chose not to ask because we didn’t want to disturb her while she was spending time with her kids. It was still super awesome to see her though!
We celebrated our 2nd Mother’s Day
We had fun at our cousin Rylan’s Birthday Party
We slid down the slide at Grandy & Grandmaw’s house for the first time
Went to the Magic City Brewfest with Daryl & Megan and had a BLAST!
Celebrated our 2nd Father’s Day
We were honored to be asked to do a Guest Blog Post on TallMomTinyBaby.com about “What is Chunky Rocket”
We started learning how to problem solve as a team, lol.
I built a sprinkler out of PVC pipe and we had a blast with it all summer long!
We went for our first ride in Papa’s Gator and LOVED it!
We really enjoyed the fireworks on the 4th of July too!
We had a ton of fun playing in the water at Tyler and Grayson’s Birthday Party!
Our First Visit to the Dentist
My incredible wife surprised me with tickets to see Nine Inch Nails and Soundgarden on our “Date Night”
Had a blast at our best-buddy Sawyer’s 2nd Birthday!
For our Anniversary, I got us tickets to see Rise Against and planned an overnight stay in Atlanta
Our first trip to the Pumpkin Patch to pick out our own pumpkins!
We “made” cookies with mommy for the first time!
We had a BLAST trick-or-treating with our buddy Sawyer!
We helped celebrate Daryl’s oldness with a surprise party!
Had a blast at our buddy Caden’s birthday party!
Our new twin nephews Logan and Colin arrived!
Thanksgiving was nomtastic
The boys didn’t cry with Santa this year! They didn’t smile either, but hey, pick your battles, lol.
We went to the zoo for the first time, and went with our buddy Sawyer!
The lighting ceremony for the Glencoe Lights was awesome!
Built our first fort!
Phoenix’s 1st Haircut!
The boys had an awesome Christmas! Santa brought them some rad gifts!
We helped decorate our birthday cupcakes!
We got some awesome new 4-wheelers!
We went to our first movie at a theater, and made it through the entire movie!
And finally, we brought in the new year by celebrating with friends and shooting fireworks!”
My 2014 Mix
Each year I create a new playlist and I will throw in all the music that myself and/or my wife fall in love with throughout that year. This music either came out in 2014 or that we got hooked on in 2014. Track list below:
01. OneRepublic – Counting Stars
02. Taking Back Sunday – Flicker, Fade
03. The Used – Cry
04. Katy Perry – Dark Horse
05. Chevelle – Take Out the Gunman
06. Portugal. The Man – Heavy Games
07. The Airborne Toxic Event – Heavy Games
08. O.A.R. – Peace
09. Manchester Orchestra – Every Stone
10. The Fray – Love Don’t Die
11. Cloud Nothings – I’m Not Part of Me
12. Augustana – Ash and Ember
13. Taking Back Sunday – Stood a Chance
14. Lee DeWyze – Blackbird Song
15. Chevelle – Hunter Eats Hunger
16. Taking Back Sunday – They Don’t Have Any Friends
17. Taking Back Sunday – Better Homes and Gardens
18. Skrillex – All Is Fair In Love and Dubstep
19. Silversun Pickups – Cannibal
20. The Black Keys – Fever
21. Manchester Orchestra – Cope
22. Manchester Orchestra – Top Notch
23. Phillip Phillips – Fly
24. Saliva – Rise Up
25. Linkin Park – Guilty All the Same
26. Seether – Words as Weapons
27. Grouplove – Let Me In
28. Linkin Park – Until It’s Gone
29. Trampled By Turtles – Are You Behind the Shining Star?
30. Linkin Park – Wastelands
31. Linkin Park – Rebellion
32. We Are Harlot – Denial
33. Grouplove – I’m With You
34. Seether – My Disaster
35. Korn – Hater
36. Flyleaf – Set Me on Fire
37. Thousand Foot Krutch – Courtesy Call
38. Trampled By Turtles – Where Is My Mind? (Pixies Cover)
39. Slipknot – The Devil In I
40. Fall Out Boy – Centuries
41. Imagine Dragons – Warriors
42. Foo Fighters – Something From Nothing
43. Foo Fighters – The Feast and the Famine
44. Fitz and the Tantrums – More Than Just A Dream
45. Twenty One Pilots – Holding On To You
Well, that’s it for my look back at 2014. I can’t wait to see what all 2015 has in store for us. We wish all of you a very happy, healthy, and prosperous 2015!